Monday 27 April 2015

Vienna Countdown Review - NORWAY!!!

Plucky Norway, once we pointed and laughed at you, and now we bow in the knowledge that you won the contest with a song that garnered more points than any other in Euro history!  Norway have done well in Eurovision of late, from the afore-mentioned winner, "Fairytale", to a dark and reflective ballad that they entered last year which saw them continue a run of getting to the final.

So it is not entirely suprising that this year, Norway has chosen a dark and reflective ballad that they hope will continue their run of getting to the ESC final! ;)

"A monster like me" is performed by Morland and Deborah Scarlett, and boy is it dark.  They've tried to liven it up a bit by getting Helen Mirren (not true) involved in a food fight in their video, speaking of which, here it is:


So let's consider the view of our panel on the Norwegian Song for Europe:

Asta Bjornsdottir: "I don‘t like her voice. Don‘t like their voices together, the harmony of their voices..... nahhh... I just can‘t understand the hype about this song, it was not my favourite of the Norwegian mpg. I‘m not voting for this."

Annemieke Kelleter: "It's my favourite this year. I love the way the music and the lyrics of this song fit together. The way their voices and looks are so different and yet merge so naturally. The Keane-esque melodies and the way the song builds up to the end, it's near perfect. Small comment, I do not like the very last part where, instead of singing together they seem to sing alternately, otherwise it's just brilliant."

Hasse Skoldebjer: "Norway, it's so dull and depressing it makes me want to slit my wrists. 1/10"

Adam and Charlotte Lane: "Great falsetto (from the male singer)! Wonderful melody - probably the most memorable tune of the three. I wish it would have 'gone somewhere' a lot sooner. There's a lot of potential here for this to become a massive dance anthem, but instead it 'fafs' about a little pretentiously. Great tune, bad arrangement. I wait for the remix. 4/10"

So the Euro Bureau Panel has spoken - what do you think? Leave us a comment below!! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment