Thursday 14 May 2015

COUNTDOWN TO VIENNA - ESTONIA!!

Estonia are one of the more successful Baltic countries at Eurovision and have this year plumped for an edgy cool pop duet that many fans think will be up there and in with a chance of victory at this year's contest.

"Goodbye to Yesterday" tells the story of the morning after the night before, and is performed by Stig Rasta and Elina Born.  They have both tried to represent Estonia before as solo artists but finally both got the gig this year, and I have to say, I do like it!  It's cool, yet has a hint of darkness about it that is very endearing...  Have a look and listen to it here:


Let's see what the EB panel make of Estonia:

Asta Bjornsdottir:  "I saw this a couple of weeks ago on Ruv in the esc program but I had totally forgotten it. Somehow the song, the lyrics and the video clash in a way that it just doesn´t fit. Light and happy music but dark video and the lyrics somewhere inbetween... Nahh, doesn´t do a thing for me."

Hasse Skoldebjer: "Boring, I don't get the hype 3/10."

Annemieke Kelleter: "Estonia, didn't like this at all when I first heard it but now it's somewhere just outside of my top 10. However I do believe this could do really well, it's a modern song with a nice chorus. A lot will depend on their live performance & the staging."

Adam and Charlotte Lane: "There’s a few things right with it, but far more wrong, I’m afraid. Cracking brass section and other instrumental accompaniment, but the vocal style doesn’t seem to fit. Should have had a Chris Isaak figure to fully realise the style. 1/10."

So that panel are flying in the face of fandom and don't rate "Goodbye to Yesterday", but what do YOU think? Leave us a comment and let us know! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment