Thursday 14 May 2015

COUNTDOWN TO VIENNA - SERBIA!

Returning to the contest after taking a break last year, Serbia has returned with a big singer with an even bigger voice, and in the interests of full disclosure, I have to say that I bloody love it!! :)

Bojana Stamenov sings "Beauty Never Lies", the first Serbian entry in English - gasp! - and written by the writer of their winner from a few years back, Vladimir Graic, and the not-so-Serbian-sounding Charlie Mason, and it starts off as a ballad but then becomes a disco-belter and Bojana gives is some attitude with her "finally I can say, yes I'm different and it's OK" lyric.  To me, this song takes on the spirit of Conchita's win, and turns it into a perfect 3 minute diva-fest!!!

Ahem, but see what you think, here it is:


Well let's see if the panel agree with me, or if they have a different view!:

Asta Bjornsdottir:  "Started watching the video and decided that she was a really good singer but the video didn´t do anything so I looked for a live performance and found the live performance and in serbian. Like it a lot like that!! She‘s a major singer!!! And she makes the song good !!!"

Hasse Skoldebjer: "Ok song, great singer 6/10."

Annemieke Kelleter: "Quite like it. Love the sound of her voice and the song is just a nice feel good song. Don't know if this will qualify as it sounds a bit dated and it's very ''Eurovisiony"."

Adam and Charlotte Lane: "Mediocre. I had high hopes for this but I don’t think it quite meets expectations. It may receive a number of votes due to the admirable message of the lyrics. 1.5/10."

Well, you can all stay! Although I will be having words with Adam and Charlotte, LOL!! So here's what The Euro Bureau reckons, what do YOU think? Leave us a comment to let us know! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment