Friday 15 May 2015

COUNTDOWN TO VIENNA - GREECE!

I normally love Greek entries, full as they are of Greek Tragedy or lots of Ethnic beats that you can throw some shapes to!  However this year's Greek Eurosong is a bit forgettable for me. Maria Elena Kyriakou sings "One Last Breath", a ballad that is more limp than dramatic to these ears, but don't listen to me, listen to the song here!:


I wonder what the Euro Bureau panel have to say about this one?:

Asta Bjornsdottir:  "„I‘m becking you – take me... I really am having a hard time trying to understand her but, she has a big voice. I´m not always into her vocal technique. Big song – big voice, beautiful girl (pleace don‘t wear that black dress it‘s too similar Netherland‘s dress) this could do good."

Hasse Skoldebjer: "Booooooring, mediocre singer. 2/10."

Annemieke Kelleter: "Greece, there are a few parts in the melody of this song that I like but overall it's just very very dull. She has a very good voice though but I doubt if this will stand apart from all the other ballads."

Adam and Charlotte Lane: "Kudos to the singer for being able to hold what must be the most difficult melodic line so far (and I’ve nearly heard all the songs now). The complexity of the tune makes it instantly forgettable. Note to composers everywhere #1: if you want your songs to be catchy, you have to be able to sing along to them. She’s putting in a lot of effort, but the glissando, key change and percussion entry smacks of last year’s absolutely brilliant winning entry. Note to composers everywhere #2: aping the reigning champions will do you no favours. We can see through it. There is only one Conchita. 0.5/10."

There is indeed only one Conchita! So that's the view of the panel - why not leave us a comment and tell us what you think? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment