Thursday 7 May 2015

Countdown to Vienna - NETHERLANDS!

If we think we're in a bit of a barren spell in the UK, consider the Netherlands, it is now 40 years since they won the Eurovision!  That's a big old dry spell right there...  They've done very well in the last couple of years, and were defeated by the force of nature that is Conchita Wurst last year, with the Common Linnets coming second in the 2014 contest with a song that became a bigger hit than the winning entry, "Calm after the Storm".

So, on paper, the Netherlands should have momentum behind them and me one of the faves to win with their song "Walk Along".  Its written by Anouk, she who did so well in the 2013 contest with "Birds", and is performed by Trinny Outhouse  Trintje Oosterhuis.  I'm just gonna call her Trinny.

Hmmm, it's not a *bad* song... I really don't want to damn it with faint praise, but it's just a bit twee, given the dark edginess of "Birds" and the coolness of "Calm After the Storm".  Trinny is a GREAT singer though, and you can be sure that she will sing the PANTS off this live!  Have a look and a listen below:


So come on then panel, tell us what you reckon!:

Asta Bjornsdottir:  "Has anybody counted the ay ay ay aya‘s She‘s good but the song is boring !!!"

Hasse Skoldebjer: "Mediocre and repetetive, doesn't do anything for me. 4/10"

Annemieker Kelleter: "Netherlands, my own country Well, I Was pleasantly surprised when I heard the song for the first time as I'm usually not a fan of Trijntjes music. It gets a bit boring towards the end but they seem to be aware of that as the latest version I heard was much better with more variety. She's a great singer so no worries about her live performance. And about the song being repetitive, well people will hear it 3 times maximum so I hope it will be more like a catchy earworm."

Adam and Charlotte Lane: "Catchy hook, reminds me of a good old Eurovision classic: female singer, guitar, strong percussion. 4/10"

So another mixed bag - our panel are picky! :) Let us know what you think by leaving us a comment! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment