Monday 4 May 2015

Countdown to Vienna - SAN MARINO!

In a brave move, San Marino are NOT sending Valentina Monetta this year!  I know!!! ;)  Don't worry though Monetta fans, she will be giving the scores  of the San Marino votes on Saturday night, and I'm sure she'll be in Vienna singing at anyone who will listen...

However San Marino is sticking to a Ralph Siegel song (he's the chap that wrote every German entry for 397 years, including "A little Peace"), and this year he has teamed up with lyricist Bernd Meinunger (also for the 397th year) with the song "Chain of Lights", an inoffensive ballad for peace about joining together and all that jazz.  The video features credits at the end that run for longer than the actual song - not sure if that's a good sign....  There's no hidden message that is worth watching them all for though, trust me.  Here it is!:


So let's see what the Euro Bureau panel have to say about it!:

Asta Bjornsdottir:  "San Marino: úps...... nei takk, I don‘t care how young and sweet they are and how well they sing, I´ve had enough of these „light a candle"... songs. Boring!!!!"

Hasse Skoldebjer: "Another pee break. 2/10."

Annemieker Kelleter: "Don't quite know what to make if this one. Somehow when I think about it while not listening to it I tend to have a negative opinion about it but everytime I hear it, especially in at the start of the song I found myself really liking it. Also the chain-of-light-for-you-and-a-chain-of-light-for-me keeps popping up in my head at least 5 times a day. And still, not really a fan of the song."

Adam and Charlotte Lane: "Brave introduction. Instrumentally interesting. Too many key changes though, modulating itself into insignificance. Shame, as it started pretty well. 3/10."

So the panel isn't loving San Marino it seems! Will San Marino be going home early, or could the make the final for the second year in a row? Comment below and let us know what you think! :)

1 comment:

  1. Alan Cobbett: One hot mess: pick one sound not six! Plus the video credits roll on for half as long as the song...enough already!

    ReplyDelete